From Unidoom Wiki
History in a summary, hopefully sorted chronogically (for now):
- , Doom technology, planning starts.
- The is proposed by .
- - technology is not yet possible, the wait begins.
- Doom is released.
- Unidoom is formed as a wad review site for Ralphis' own wads on freeservers.com
- Ralphis finds doomserv and begins playing Doom online competitively. He uses the UD tag for a short period of time, but drops it. Ralphis met aca during this time period as both played on DoomServ together. Ralphis also played one of his first online games ever against Toke who was also new to online dooming.
- Ralphis befriends Jarrieto, another PA doomer. Together, they have high hopes of creating a Doom prequel and take to http://doomworld.com to seek out help. Two new members join Unidoom, Duker900 and Kracov. This is the considered the Big 4 of UD.
- The first Unidoom DM is developed. However, the wad's title is zdm.wad, despite Unidoom banners existing within the wad. Originally this wad contained maps created by Ralphis, QCommand, and ShotDown. This wad maintained development for well over a year, eventually having a contribution from Harvey.
- CSDoom is released. Ralphis wears the UD tag on CSDoom.
- #unidoom moves to Freenode
- Site moves to DemonGate, then DoomCenter
- Infirmity's control of #unidoom ends
- ZelDoom beta release
- UD clan division reformed by Ralphis and deathz0r
- FireArms division starts, site moves back to DemonGate again
- Gaining power in #zdaemon
- UDM1 development starts in October
- Fake UD
- Alliance of OS
- AABC formed
- UDM1 release - 1/1/02. Contains 16 deathmatch maps & 2 DogTag maps.
- AABC reaches peak, then dies peacefully.
- UDM2 development starts in February, projection of 20+ maps.
- deathz0r gets addicted to MMORPGS in March, UDM2 production grinds to a halt.
- NESDoom production starts in June.
- UDM2 release - 3/2/03. Contains 12 maps.
- UD is the uncontested dominant clan in the Doom multiplayer world.
- UDM3 is planned, but not started.
- January 11th - AceofSpades joins UD.
- UDM3 progress begins in February, projection of 20+ maps.
- April - UD plays Clan FC in a war and wins 100-21.
- May 3rd - Ralphis & AceofSpades represent UD in the first official North America vs. Europe CTF game on ZDaemon. Both players made up North America's defense. The final score had a North American victory of 54-5.
- UDM3 release - 12/25/04. Contains 16 maps.
- UDM4 and UDCTF are announced with no projected release dates
- Mid March - AceofSpades wins the 1 year anniversary tournament of FNF on Skulltag. He is now the #1 ranked player on ST.
- April 1 - May 1 UD plays possum
- June 29th - Ralphis is banned from the ZDaemon service for speaking his mind, FREE UD campaign is begun
- July 11th - Ralphis is unbanned after the FREE UD campaign is successful
- December 24th - deathz0r is permanently banned from the ZDaemon service for being considered a "traitor", no campaign is begun
- December 31st - Projected release date of UDMX missed, project remains on hold for the time being
- January 20th - Ralphis devises plan to create a list of games that are liked best by all of UD, plans to display each game (starting from the bottom) starting February 1st
- February 4th - A few scheduling problems delay the games list by a few days, but kicks off without problems until five days later, when Manc updated the UD board to SMF.
- April - GGPO is released and begins a golden age of online fighting games. UD begins playing a combination of several hackjob ports including WinKawaks, 2df and GGPO. Games most played: Super Turbo, Third Strike and Garou
- Mid May - UD runs a Super Turbo tournament (brackets here). Chaindude is the winner with Rottking taking second place.
- August 16th - RottKing releases Dynamite DM, a 12-map deathmatch pack for Skulltag.
- August 19th - Toke, a long time friend of UD, dies in a car accident.
- June 22nd - deathz0r assumes "total control", renaming UniDooM to Republic Of deathz0r. People rejoice.
- June 25rd - Ralphis forces his way back into the ranks, making himself the leader again and changing the name back to Unidoom. People do not rejoice.
- September - UD picks up Blockland and makes some cool things.
- October - UD begins playing Worms Armageddon.
- December 16th - Ralphis founds the International Doom League and opens sign-ups.
- January 31st - Odamex CTF, a boom-compatible CTF map set by AlexMax, Ralphis, deathz0r, AgentSpork, and Toke is released.
- April - UD briefly plays GooGrid.
- June 14th - Assmaster dies.
- July 5th - UDM4 is publicly announced. 20+ maps are planned for a 2008 release.
- October - UD begins playing Team Fortress 2. Among other things are credited with the need a teleporter (which has now evolved to dispenser) meme, the fist patrol meme and exposing game breaking bugs
- January - UD attempts to run a Civ 4 PBEM tournament. It collapses within the first few turns.
- UDM4 development is delayed, and is renamed to UDMX to refer to 10 years of UD.
- UDMX release - 1/1/09. UDMX is released exactly seven years to the day of UDM1. It is the first UDM to replace all 32 maps of Doom 2.
- Work begins on Chill3 and Double Impact.
- February 4th - Nautilus releases Chill 3, a 9-map deathmatch pack for Doom 2. It features guest maps by Ralphis & RottKing.
- March 30th - Ralphis & RottKing release Double Impact, a 9-map episode replacement for Ultimate Doom.